WoM Realms contest 2.
We're proud to announce the second official WoM Realms contest. This month's contest is all about WoM Landmarks and Natural Wonders. To start building in the contest type /contest while in WoM:Realms.
You must design and make your own special Landmark or Natural Wonder. You cannot replicate an already existing Landmark or Natural Wonder in WoM, from another server or the real world. It must be completely original. As this may be a little harder then the previous contest we have added an extra week to the contest.
Contest is limited to your own work, you may not use any special functions or anyone else's works in your entry.
To see additional information, please click the More link for rules and entry details.
- This is a contest of skill.
- To enter the contest, make a building in your /contest world which matches the contest theme.
- Everyone has the same sized world and nobody has access to special functions.
- Any buildings in your contest realm are restricted to manual building only (no /fill /paste etc allowed) and buildings must be completed by yourself and not copied or plagiarized from anyone else.
- Anyone is allowed to build in their contest realms, but in order to enter the competition you must post an entry in this post in the correct format once your entry is complete.
- Upon making an entry, a judge will come to your contest world to make sure it meets the contest theme, evaluate it and if it's good enough your entry will be placed into the finals.
- All contest realms will be cleared at the end of the contest and will be saved as paste regions in your account.
- Entries for the contest close at the specified closing time and judges decisions are final.
- Competition prizes are awarded as bonus reputation on WoM Realms.
- All contestants entered into the finals will get two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) points.
- 2nd runner up will win one million (1,000,000) points.
- 1st runner up will win two million five hundred thousand (2,500,000) points.
- Winner will win five million (5,000,000) points and a Minecraft Beta gift code to play on the Official WoM SMP Server.
- Contest closes at 00:00 UTC on the 24th of August 2011.
- The theme of the contest is "WoM Landmarks and Natural Wonders"
To enter the competition, you must make a reply to this article in the following format:
Competition entry ----------------- Username: USERNAME Entry name: ENTRY NAME Entry detail: DETAIL ABOUT YOUR ENTRY HERE Do you confirm that you have read the rules of the contest: YES Have you completed your entry and it is ready to be judged? YES Do you confirm that this entry is all your own work and not copied or plagiarized from any other person's work: YES
As per the rules above. Competition entry post are currently locked and cannot be submitted until the 22nd of August 2011.
Judges have already been chosen and will not be announced until the date of the competition entries has been unlocked.
The following people made it into the finals, and have been awarded 250k bonus rep points.
We have completed the tallying and this contest was very close with half points been most of the players. We had 7 judges - H4X, KevinSweijen, Artful, Secret Judge, Triddin, Secret Judge, and me (Moujave). It was a silent vote, each judge voted by themselves and submitted the results to me when they had finished.
Of the 30 entrants who made entries on the forum post, there were 18 finalists. We had a points threshold that the entrants had to meet to make it to the finals.Results:
Third with his amazing entry “Temple of Eternal Flame" is Merrowing and will get a prize of 1 million bonus points.
Coming in at second place was roguepacman with his entry “the lost temple (of roguepacman)” who gets 2.5 million points and a surprise prize "Humble Indie Bundle #3!"
And the winner of contest 2 is ranger10700 with his entry “Temple of Knowledge and Understanding” and gets the first place prize of 5 million bonus points and a Minecraft Beta Code.